Banner System Authentication Changes
OCCS is in the final stages of transitioning to a single point-of-authentication for the most widely used IT services across campus with the Monarch-Key Web Login. The Banner administrative system is being upgraded and will soon be integrated with Monarch-Key. This means that staff will soon be able to access Banner with their MIDAS ID and password.
These changes allow Old Dominion University to strengthen our online security and apply best practices to our account management practices. The current password profile for Monarch-Key Web Login is changing to be more in line with the features and functions of Banner.
How will this change impact current Banner users?
ALL BANNER USERS who have not changed their MIDAS password since January 7, 2013 will need to do so prior to March 1, 2013. We recommend you take a few minutes today to change your MIDAS password so you are compliant before the integration is complete and your access to Banner is affected.
What are some of the benefits of this transition?
- Banner users will no longer need to change their Banner password every 30 days
- Improve password management and recovery options for Banner access via MIDAS
- Allow for single sign-on access similar to Leo Online and the myODU Portal
Need help changing your MIDAS password?
- Log on to MIDAS at: http://midas.odu.edu
- Click > ‘Change Password’ (upper left corner of screen)
- Enter your new password twice. The updated password policy requirements are listed on this page.
- Logout of MIDAS and login again with the new password to make sure that it works correctly.
If you need assistance with MIDAS visit: https://midas.odu.edu/Help or contact the Technical Support Center at (757) 683-3192 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: Logging out of a web-authenticated service is not guaranteed until the user has properly exited the browser window. When all Monarch-Key Web Login sessions are completed the browser must be ‘Closed’ (Windows) or ‘Quit’ (Apple) to ensure the user is logged out of every service.